Tuesday, January 7, 2020

A japán egészségügy pénzügyi bugyrai - The financial side of the Japanese healthcare - 日本の医療業界の金銭的な面

Ahogy a múltkor ígértem, a kórházak után írok egy picit az itteni egészségügy finanszírozási oldaláról is. Egy (nem japán) barátom egyszer azt mondta, hogy a japán egészségügynek van a világon az egyik legjobb ár-érték aránya. Nyilván ettől még a minőséget meg kell fizetni, és most azt fogjuk körbejárni, hogy hogyan. És magyarul ezúttal is a határátkelőn...

As I promised last time, when I discussed the hospital situation in Japan, now I'll write a bit about the financial side of the healthcare system. One of my (non-japanese) friends once told me that the Japanese healthcare has one of the best cost-to-value ratio in the world. Of course, the people still have to pay for high-quality treatments, and now we'll see how they're doing that...

前回約束した通りに、病院の話の次に医療業界の金銭的な面の話で続くね。
(日本人じゃない)友達によると、日本の医療業界は、コストパフォーマンス的にほぼ世界一になってるらしい。
まぁ、それでも高い品質の医療の料金をどこかから出さないといけないので、今回はその周りを話すね…


I think it's best to start from the health insurance companies. As there are lots of them, in contrast to Hungary, where there's only one, owned by the state itself. And each company in the country chooses one of them to insure all of its employees. (I'm not sure how they make that choice, maybe they are assigned one based on the main business field of the given company...) And if an employee has children, or other family members to support financially, they'll also get covered by that person's insurance.

However, a lot of people are not working as regular employees, but in other forms of employment. I'm not sure how the insurance system works in their case. But I'm guessing that they need to take care of it by themselves...

The health tax is deducted from the monthly salary, just like in Hungary. I don't know how its amount gets calculated, maybe it's some percentage of one's salary. I only know that now I'm paying about 20 thousand yen for this in every month. And what do I get in return? The insurance company covers 70% of all of my healthcare costs. And of course, I need to pay the other 30% by myself after getting out of the hospital. :)

Of course I'm not exactly happy that I "have to pay for it", but I like the attitude of showing the people that nothing is given them for free, if they use some service, it'll cost them some money. I feel that making at least part of the costs visible to everyone, also makes the system more sustainable.

Of course, the state doesn't forget about those, who couldn't afford all of their healthcare costs because of a serious illness, like cancer for example. They "only" need to fill in and submit a rather complex form, and if it gets approved, they'll get into a special status officially. After that, they only need to pay 10% of their healthcare costs by themselves, up to a maximum value of 10-20 thousand yen per month or so. One of my ex-colleagues went through those steps and told me a lot about them. It was about two years ago though...

Looking at the price table of the hospitals, it seems like each hospital can decide by itself how much they ask for any given treatment. For example, getting a flu vaccine costs somewhere between 3-4 thousand yen, depending on the hospital. It's also something that's either covered by the insurance company of your workplace, or not. Fortunately it's "for free" where I'm working.

Or here's another example so you can feel the costs a bit better: the two-week-long holiday for my wife cost about 160 thousand yen, including all examinations (mostly blood and urine tests), infusions and everything else. Out of this, the hospital meals cost about 17 thousand. All of this is only the 30% part that we had to pay by ourselves. From this, you may guess how much was the 100%. ;) However, this hospital seemed relatively expensive, compared to some others in the city...

I've also pulled out my old hospital receipts from my drawer, out of pure curiosity. Based on them, it looks like I paid about 6000 yen for an MRI and 540 yen for getting my brain monitored for an hour. Although I had to pay some random additional fees in both cases, just so they can get a few more thousands of yen out of my pocket...

On another note, it costs me about 1 thousand every time to chat with the doctor for about 10 minutes in Shinjuku. It doesn't feel too expensive to me, to be honest. Still, I'm always surprised at the costs, when I get the receipt after that 10-minute chat. Well, I guess that's how it works when you're taking some expensive medicine... :)



先ずは、健康保険組合の所から始めたほうがいいかな?
ハンガリー人から見ると、複数の組合もあるのが非常に珍しいよ!
向こうだと、政府が運用してる1個の組合しかないので。
でも、ここだと、全ての会社がそのいくつかの組合の中から1つを選んで、契約するでしょう?
(または、会社が入ってる業界によって決まるかな?分かんない…)
で、同じ会社の社員が皆同じ組合に入るでしょう。
正社員も、契約社員もそうらしい。
そして、扶養親族(例えば子供)がいるなら、その皆も同じ保険にカバーされるね。

ただ、沢山の人が普通の社員じゃなくて、アルバイト等の形で働いてるでしょう。
その人達の保険は、どうなってるかな?
自分達で何とかしないといけないかな…

保険料が、自動的に月給から引かれるね。
その料金の計算し方があまり分からないが、月給によって決まるらしい。
よく分かってるのは、私の場合で毎月2万円ぐらいになってるってことだね。
で、その代わりに何をもらってるかと聞いたら、私の医療料の70%がその保険組合に負担されるね。
残りの30%が自腹だけど… :)

「自分で払わないといけない」ってことがあまり嬉しくないが、「全部無料でもらえますよ」って雰囲気をかなりにマシだと思うね。
ヨーロッパのあちこちで、ハンガリーも含めて、その後者の考え方のほうが一般的で、色んな国の医療業界が崩壊する寸前になってる感じ。
ハンガリーも含めてね。
逆に、「サービスを利用したら、その料金を払わないといけない」と言う考え方が私の心にもっと近いよ。
日本の医療業界が「元気にやってる」ってことが、そのおかげだと思うね。

もちろん、何か深刻な病気(例えばがん等)を抱えてる人達が、政府から一般の健康保険以上のサポートがもらえるね。
じゃないと、医療費が凄いことになるから。
彼らが、結構複雑な書類を記入して提出すれば、特別なステータスになって、医療費が大分減る。
自己負担分が30%から10%に下がるし、毎月の医療費の自己負担に上限が決定されるね。
確か、月毎1‐2万円ぐらいのはずの気がする…
前、チームメイトの一人がその手続きを全部頑張って終わらせた時に色々教えてくれたね、それに関して…
大体2年前ごろだったけど…

色んな病院で払った医療費を見ると、何か同じ治療の値段が施設によって違う気がした。
例えば、インフルエンザの予防接種なら、病院によって大体3‐4千円ぐらいでしょう?
その上、勤めてる会社が提携してる健康保険に全部負担される場合もあるね。
(幸運のことに、私はちょうどそう言う会社に働いてるね。)

また違う事例としては、妻のこの前の2週間の休みが大体16万円だったよ。
(その中、食事代が1万7千ぐらいだった。)
自己負担分ね…
そこから100%を計算してみると、半端ない金額になるじゃない? ;)
まぁ、今回の病院が他の所と比べるとちょっと高いほうだった気がする…

そして、昔私が病院でもらった書類もちょっと見てみたね。
どんな検査がどれぐらいお金かかるかが気になってて。
で、その書類によれば、MRIが6千円ぐらいで、1時間も脳波をモニタリングしてもらったのが540円だった。
まぁ、両方の時に、色んな変な手数料として後数千円が取られちゃったけどね…

そう言えば、新宿の病院の先生と10ぐらい相談することが、毎回千円になってるよ!
まぁ、振り返って見れば、あまり大変じゃないね。
にしても、毎回病院の請求書をもらうと、結構びっくりするよ!
値段の高い薬を飲むと、まぁ、そうなっちゃうでしょうけどなぁ… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment